Monday, March 28, 2011

I think Trevor's been watching a little too much Jersey Shore because his duck-face is freakishly on point. I told him to look sad for this photo because I was trying to convince people to come visit us. Fail on both of our accounts. Anyways...

Back to Trevor's first rodeo: I don't know if 'Alyssa' or 'Payton' were too hard for him to remember or if he had some sort of personal issue with saying them, but he refused to call us by our real names. He would only refer to me as 'Whore' or 'Fatass' and Payton as 'Puke Master Flex.' I'd like to believe these nick-names were his own special terms of endearment. However, during this rodeo, it's a-whole-nother story. Trevor has no way of addressing any of us by anything. He has no way of getting anyone's attention in any way that makes sense. I think at this point I would be A-OK with him calling me any vulgarity he wants to rather than just saying, "No, no, no" all the time.

Here are a few semi-interesting things that happened during this uneventful weekend:

Trevor had the most fun session of therapy thus far on Friday. He got to play wheelchair basketball during recreational therapy. He was backing into walls and bumping into the therapist like crazy, but smiling and laughing the entire time. Looks like we're going to have to sign him up on a league!

Trevor now waves at people passing in the hallway. Seems like a ridiculous thing to get excited about but hey, at least he's finding some way to communicate!

Whenever we take the elevator to go anywhere, we always make Trevor press the button. Every single time, whether we're going up or down, he presses the up button first. Must be some sort of crazy brain injury impulse. Once the elevator doors open, we back him into the elevator. He pushes himself backwards as fast and hard as he can in order to plow us over and push us into the wall. He thinks it's hilarious; I think he's a brat.

Here's a few conversations that went down this weekend...

Sondi: Trevor, can you say Libby?
Trevor: No.
Sondi: Can you say Sondi?
Trevor: No.
Libby: Can you say Amazing?
Trevor: Amazing.

He totally plays games with people just to bring their confidence down. Poor, poor Sondi!

Lauren: Did you get into the van yourself?
Trevor: My friend is train.

Me: Trev, we're going to Taco Bell. What do you want?
Trevor: Uhhhh. Nope.
Me: Nothin?
Trevor: Thingerdillas.
Me: Thingerdillas, huh?
Trevor: [Laughs]

Doctor: What's the date, Trevor?
Trevor: January 10th.

Mom: What sweatshirt do you want?
Trevor: [Stubbornly] I don't care.

Yes! Something he said finally made sense.

Nurse: How ya feelin, Trevor?
Trevor: So well.

I am so proud of my brother, his recovery and most importantly, his grammar. Unlike most college kids, he answered 'how are you?' with 'well', instead of 'good.' That, my friends, is what's up...

No comments:

Post a Comment