Sunday, February 13, 2011

Not trying to write a novel, so I'm just going to be brief and get to the point.

They stood Trevor up again today. I'm not even going to try to claim that I was there this morning (or afternoon), but from what it sounds like, he is holding his head up even more, which is huge. As you can see, his thizz face is on point.

Trevor can now say "yup" and "nope." Awesome!!

I'm pretty sure he might actually be able to read because whenever we hand him a piece of paper with the writing upside-down, he immediately turns it around.

He is grunting and moaning a ton. It's hard to tell whether they are good or bad grunts, but they sound pretty painful to me.

He definitely has the "I don't know" face and shoulder movement down. Whenever we ask him anything, he doesn't know.

The minute Trevor falls asleep, someone comes in to bug him about something. Poking him, pinching him, putting humidity masks on him, cleaning him, whatever. It's sad because everything seriously exhausts him, and you'd think adequate sleep would be pretty crucial during a time like this.

It's really hard to make decisions for Trevor. I don't know what he wants or what he is comfortable with. I try to put myself in his position but I can't because I have no idea what he's going through. And I know that he probably won't be able to remember any of this anyway, but I get sick to my stomach trying to determine what is best for HIM. A lot of the decisions the staff here makes is based on the fact that he won't remember what happens. But is it humane to tie him down to a bed and only give him Tylenol for his pain? I don't think so. I don't think it's fair to make decisions about the present based on the future. We have to consider what is currently helping or hurting him, and make decisions based on that. And for this reason, (so we don't make him uncomfortable or upset when he has no way of expressing what he's feeling) I think it's best if we only allow close friends and family back there to see him. I know that may seem ridiculous, but we just don't know who he would and would not want seeing him like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment