Saturday, February 5, 2011

According to Dr. Ledyard (spelling?), Trevor's CT scan is the cat scan of a dead person. Proof that Trevor has now officially conquered death. Twice.

A collaboration of random thoughts...

The thing about this accident that I am having the most trouble coping with is that there's no way of knowing what happened. We don't know if a seizure caused all of this, or if Trevor hit his head, or if his brain got shaken up, or if the implant was loose to begin with. And not that it matters I guess, but I just want answers... something to blame all this chaos on.

After the first accident, every morning Trevor would complain about the screws being loose in his head; that the plastic implant was wiggling. So he finally went to the doctor to get a cat scan to check it out. The day the doctor told him the implant was fine was the day he stopped going to the doctor. "They don't know anything."

It makes me sick to my stomach to see all these patients in similar conditions as Trevor who are laying there in dark rooms by themselves. And as crazy, broken and full of drama as my family is, we definitely kill it at coming together at times of crisis. I'm proud to be a part of the Walker/Rhoda bunch.

They pulled the drain out of Trevor's head. Some chick came in to check to see if he has blood clots anywhere. Blood clot free is the way to be; good job Trev! Blood pressure is high today. I think our stress might be contagious. Being treated with medication for this of course.

Speaking of high blood pressure, holy cow did Trevor get riled up to see Corbett! As soon as Corbett started talking, Trevor tried really hard to open his eyes and was moving around on that left side like crazy. He kept making pinching motions with his left hand. I don't know if he was trying to grab Corbett's hand or give him a thumbs up or what he was going for there, but nonetheless it was exciting.

So at first I was a little apprehensive about Trevor being treated at a teaching hospital but I've officially changed my mind. I think it is a good thing because A. The nurses and doctors explain everything to the students, which means we actually know what is going on and B. Everything is new and exciting to the students so they're all enthusiastic, interested, careful, caring, innovative and determined in helping my brother. They actually treat him like a human. Awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Alyssa,
    Thank you so much for sharing Trevor's daily progress with us! I got to meet Trevor briefly at Larry's lake cabin last summer. My husband is one of the friends with Larry in Dubois. Just know there are prayers from every direction for God to help Trevor heal and for the well being of you and your family! Keep up the hard work Trevor! Keeping you in our daily thoughts and prayers!
    Shawna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa, You may want to consider writing in your future, this is awesome! I love the details and it helps to understand at least a little what is going on out there. I miss you guys and feel torn between boarding a plane and having 3 munchkins here that need me, so for now holding down the fort seems ok. I am soooo proud of you, I hope that some day Trevor knows the love and sacrifice you have given to him. You are an amazing person. I love all of you!!
    Lorri

    ReplyDelete